Re: Create bookmarks from existing PDFs

Subject: Re: Create bookmarks from existing PDFs
From: Michele Marques <mmarques -at- CMS400 -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 10:47:28 -0400

John Posada asked about how to create bookmarks for existing
PDF documents.

I do not know of anyway to do this with just Exchange 3.0. I have a
set of plugin tools, Compose, which include a tool called
"bookmark by example". This can create all the bookmarks for a
certain heading style, assuming that you were consistent about
using only those set of characteristics (font, size, etc.) for the
heading level and only that heading level. You can get more
information about Compose (including an evaluation copy to
download) at http://www.ambia.com

I have not personally used Compose for bookmarks, but I have
been using it to automatically create links from the table of
contents to the appropriate pages in separate PDF documents and
will use the "batchmeister" to apply my security settings to all
2,000 or so files.

- Michele

Michele Marques
Technical Writer, CMS Manufacturing Systems
mmarques -at- cms400 -dot- com
905-477-4499 x280

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=