Translation & Localization - who's who?

Subject: Translation & Localization - who's who?
From: Larry Scott <Scott_Larry -at- DPT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 16:53:44 -0400

I'm looking for any feedback you might have from prior efforts at translating
technical information for computer hardware/software products. Specifically,
names of agencies or service bureaus you have worked with which produced timely
and accurate results. I have previously investigated a handful of services, but
I want to broaden the base I have to choose from.

Preferably US-based companies that translate from English to other languages.
Hopefully those named will provide full localization service not just document
translation, although document translation is the primary focus right now.

Negative recommendations or horror stories are not necessary (unless you feel
compelled to warn me about someone really, really bad).

Respond via e-mail because I don't receive list mail.

Thanks.

Larry Scott
Sr. Tech Writer
Distributed Processing Technology Corp.