Index to content ratio

Subject: Index to content ratio
From: Darren Barefoot <dbarefoot -at- MPS-CANADA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 13:54:51 -0700

Good afternoon,

I imagine that there's no hard and fast rule for this, but I'm wondering if
anyone can give me a decent benchmark on how many index entries one ought to
have per manual page. We develop some pretty industry-specific software, if
that's any help.

I've read, somewhere, that there should be at least 3-4 index entries for
each topic in online help, but I lack similar guidelines for hard copy. Any
feedback on the topic would be appreciated. Thanks. DB.

---------------------------
Darren Barefoot
Technical Content Developer
1-604-904-0822 ext.112
<mailto: dbarefoot -at- mps-canada -dot- com>
<http://www.mps.com>

Meridian News!
Attend a FREE half-day seminar, Build Beyond Your Limitations, to
receive a preview of the Meridian Project Pack. For Build Beyond Your
Limitations seminars in your area, or for more information on our
products visit our Web site at www.mps.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=