Re: documentation planning

Subject: Re: documentation planning
From: "Eric L. Dunn" <edunn -at- TRANSPORT -dot- BOMBARDIER -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 09:26:53 -0400

I didn't follow the beginning of the thread, but......

I hope your manuals are nothing like ours. There's no way we're going to
reissue 25 copies of 15,000 pages all at once.
How you issue your manuals is very much an audience and product based
decision. What works for one product/industry doesn't necessarily work for
another.

Eric L. Dunn

"I am recommending that for each major rev of the product
(you can define major rev), the book get re-written. As soon as the new rev
books are ready, any old rev books left in stock become kindling."

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=