Re: Automatic index markers in FrameMaker?

Subject: Re: Automatic index markers in FrameMaker?
From: John Jeuken <john -dot- jeuken -at- ASML -dot- NL>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 16:54:16 +0200

Hi,

Melanie Doulton wrote:

> Is there a way to automatically create index markers in FrameMaker?

No!

> Apparently, you can create a file with a list of keywords/phrases and use it to
> automatically generate markers throughout a chapter for every instance of each
> keyword/phrase.
>
> Is this possible? If so, how and for which versions of FrameMaker?

To do this you need the IXgen API client for FrameMaker, available at:

| FRANK STEARNS ASSOCIATES |
| 17201 SE 38th Circle -- Vancouver, WA 98683 |
| 360/892-3970 Fax: 360/253-1498 |
| franks -at- fsatools -dot- com http://www.pacifier.com/~franks |

Not only can you define a keyword file but you can also automatically
generate markers from para or even character tags.

If you create indexes using Frame, you need IXgen.

PS. I have no financial interest in FSA at all, it's that we just
purchased IXgen and I'm now a happy author ;-)

--
John Jeuken
Technical Writer, Team Leader

ASML Lithography
Department: Publications
Room : 1A030 De Run 1110
Phone : +31 40 230 32 10 5503 LA Veldhoven
E-Mail: john -dot- jeuken -at- asml -dot- nl The Netherlands

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=