Information Design Methods

Subject: Information Design Methods
From: lsims -at- DSET -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 11:44:16 -0400

I'm evaluating different methods of information design with a view
towards a major overhaul of my departments methods and tools.
On the tool side, for instance, I'm trying to persuade them to move
from Word with Robohelp to Framemaker with Webworks. Right
now, I'm looking at the Info Mapping method versus the Clustar
method.

Background:

The department heads want to move from hardcopy documentation
and online PDF and Help documentation to exclusively online
documentation, definitely using WinHelp files and (maybe
someday) HTML-format help. I want to single-source as much as
possible to avoid maintenance nightmares.

Question:

I'm looking for opinions on either Info Mapping or Clustar or both
from people who have used them. Tim Altom has already given me
Simply Written's viewpoint (thanks, Tim!), and I'm hoping for
something from Information Mapping, Inc., RSN, but I'd like to get
the views of others, as well.

If there is interest, I am willing to post a summary to the list or to
send summaries on request.

Thanks

Linda Sims
Technical Writer

DSET Corporation
1160 US Highway 22
Bridgewater, NJ 08807
(v) 908-526-7500, ext. 1278
(f) 908-526-7008
Delivering Global TMN Solutions for a Converging World
Web Site: http://www.dset.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=