Javascript validation

Subject: Javascript validation
From: Tom Campbell <klook -at- EUDORAMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 16:07:44 -0400

Here's some info. I found while trying to assist Andrew Nichols in his search for a JavaScript "lintpicker" or validation program.

One post to comp.lang.javascript (found in deja.com) mentioned ScriptBuilder (NetObjects) and GoLive (Adobe). The poster says you'd have to pay around $200 for either of these, but if you have an ongoing need for JS error checking (plus HTML editing capabilities) maybe it would be worth it.

Other people said just to use Netscape. Of course its output can be a little cryptic, but at least it will tell you where it thinks you need a close paren or semicolon or whatever.

Possibly more relevant to Andrew's situation is this post:
"I use Allaire HomeSite. It uses IE's debugger, but script debugging has to be on in IE. Bout the only thing I like about IE is its debugging." This seems to indicate that you could use HomeSite as long as script debugging is "on" in IE. (He may be talking about IE 5, which I don't have yet.)

You might also try posting your code, or a link to your URL, to the comp.lang.javascript newsgroup. There are quite a few competent coders there who seem to get a kick out of solving JavaScript problems.

---
Tom Campbell
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."
--Mark Twain

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=