Re: Number of index items per page?

Subject: Re: Number of index items per page?
From: "Bowes, Rebecca A" <Rebecca -dot- A -dot- Bowes -at- WGP -dot- TWC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 10:52:20 -0500

I took an indexing workshop several years ago and I seem to recall
that the instructor said a common ratio was one page of index for each ten
pages of manual. So, if you have a 350-page manual, for example, you'd
probably have a 35-page index. However, I suspect that the ratio of index
pages to manual pages really varies quite a bit depending on the complexity
of the manual's content.

Rebecca

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=