Re: tab-off

Subject: Re: tab-off
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Brierley -at- QUODATA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 13:08:45 -0400

Hallo:

Let me answer my own question, with the help of Susana, and those who have
posted follow ups.

>>>Not to be flippant, but I don't understand <vbg>. Can you
>>>provide an example
>>>of what tabbing-off entails and what changes in a particular case.

How about:

"Press Tab to do something."

"After you press Tab, good things happen, files are saved, your Mastercard
info is sent to Microsoft, and something really neat
appears/opens/displays/is presented unto you."

"Press tab to move the cursor/focus to the xyz text box/drop-down list
box/combo box/checkbox/other GUI element."

"Press tab because, otherwise, the software will crash, your monitor will
explode and shower you with razor-sharp, dagger-like, lethal shards of
glass."

Do these work?

All the best,

Sean