FWD: need advice from contractor (fwd)

Subject: FWD: need advice from contractor (fwd)
From: Anonymous Poster <anonfwd -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 18:45:44 -0600

Gang,

I started a project May 26 as lone contract tech writer with this major client
(here at national hqtrs) where they are building a new software system for some
of the administrative bookeepers. The team here consists of 4 business
analysts, project leader, manager, and other assorted systems people, and the
outside systems vendor, (Sapient), along with some assorted end-users in the
background. Aside from the vendor, I am the only contractor. My part in this
project has been totally frustrating, from the start.

They expect me to write HTML Help files (though the vendor is compiling. I just
write Word docs for screens.) That's their last priority. Also, they want me
to update their procedures, with the new changes with the new system. They also
want me to write the training doc for the training sessions, though I myself
will not train. All this, should be finished, when the system is "live" on Sept
6.

I just FINALLY found the deadlines yesterday. The first two weeks, I had no
company ID, network ID, etc. A month after I began, the user testing sessions
allowed me into the 'mix', where I finally got to see the tool they're building.
Now the business analysts, who are 6 floors away from me (I'm isolated about as
much as possible), are reluctant to give me information about the actual
procedures. They also have decided that they should arrange meetings with the
end users and me. I asked email questions about the procedures, and they
balked, thinking that I'm asking them to document, and my role is just to
re-type.

I'm at the end of my rope--any suggestions?

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=