Re: In defense of pdf help systems

Subject: Re: In defense of pdf help systems
From: Donald Le Vie <dlevie -at- VLINE -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 13:16:51 -0500

Again as with most of these postings, it's all a matter of perspective and
what you've had success with in the past. I, like Mark, have used PDF for
making microprocessor documentation available the day I send my final book
file to the printer for hard copies. That way, the design engineers (my
customers) don't have to wait the 4 to 6 weeks for their hard copy reference
books. They have access to the information they need (they don't want an
online help system...all they want is a detailed TOC and a comprehensive,
accurate index in addition to solid, clear, unambiguous content) to begin
designing their products using microprocessors manufactured by....ah...the
company whose logo looks like the McDonald's arches enclosed in a
circle...("You can't always get what you want.....")

Donn Le Vie
Integrated Concepts

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=