Re: awkward sentence -- preposition at end

Subject: Re: awkward sentence -- preposition at end
From: Tim Altom <taltom -at- SIMPLYWRITTEN -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 15:53:47 -0500

I rather like your simplified explanation, paraphrased as : "You will have
limited access to company profiles, depending on your access rights." Then
you can go on to expand on the subject if necessary.

Tim Altom
Simply Written, Inc.
Featuring FrameMaker and the Clustar Method(TM)
"Better communication is a service to mankind."
317.562.9298
http://www.simplywritten.com

> "Your access rights determine which company profiles you have read and
edit
> access to."
>

> I know that ending a sentence in a preposition isn't necessarily a
cardinal
> sin (well, not to everyone), and frankly I think the sentence seems
awkward
> with the "to which" construction, but it still seems "off" to me. The
> sentence is intended to mean that user's will have limited access to
company
> profiles based on their "access rights". The second "access" is probably
> redundant, but I'm just stuck.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=