Re: Inc. usage

Subject: Re: Inc. usage
From: Scott Havens <SHavens -at- ELCOTEL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 15:31:03 -0400

This is the way I've always understood it. I'd prefer to always do it one
way or the other, but you have to respect what the company chose to do.

BTW, I half expect the signature on the previous post to say
"Jane Credland, formerly of a corporate legal department (UNTIL she
forgot/added a comma)" ;-)

See you!
SRH

> Parker, Cassandra M. wrote:
>
> <<What is the rule for putting a comma (,) before the abbreviation
> "Inc.">>
>
> There's a rule ...
>
> If you add a comma where one doesn't exist, or leave out a comma that
> does exist, then you are no longer referring to the legal entity that is
> the corporation. Depending on the context and the document, there may
> be serious repercussions.
>
> Jane Credland, formerly of a corporate legal department

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=