Re: Canadian French Translation

Subject: Re: Canadian French Translation
From: Ann Howell <ahowell -at- POOLMAIL -dot- DOLPHINSOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 17:10:51 -0400

Oh, let's not overreact. I think Wayne was just trying to make light of what was
becoming a heated debate. As an ex-pat Ami who's been living in Montreal for the
past 7 years, I can vouch for the serious of the language issue here. I think
the languauge diversity does bring a richness to the culture and I think it
would be a big mistake to underestimate its importance.

But it is a living language and the peppering of religious swear words (in
everyday speech) makes it all that more unique in the francophone world.

Ann Howell
Dolphin Software Services ULC
http://dolphinsoftware.com

P.S. This is in no way meant to disparage Fabien, I've had the pleasure of
taking a course from him and I'm still reaping the benefits!

Fabien Vais <phantoms -at- POP -dot- TOTAL -dot- NET> on 07/22/99 04:43:29 PM

Please respond to Fabien Vais <phantoms -at- POP -dot- TOTAL -dot- NET>

To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
cc: (bcc: Ann Howell/Dolphin)

Replying to Wayne's comments:

As I said in an earlier post to this list, the French language issue in
Quebec is a sensitive one, and NO ONE here jokes about it - not the
francophones, not the anglophones, not even the immigrants who come to
settle here. The only ones who find it necessary to snicker at the situation
are often Americans, such as Wayne Douglass.

<snip>

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=