Re: Hiring Justification

Subject: Re: Hiring Justification
From: jowen2 -at- CSC -dot- COM
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 07:59:29 -0500

Virgil,

I'm facing the same thing right now. That's why you may have seen my
question posted about estimating projects. Here are some things to try:

Get a good estimate for your project hour-wise. Show them the metrics IN
writing. If you want, I can forward you the info I've been collecting
from the list on project estimates.

Another point that someone made (and seems reasonable) is to find the
person you want to fill the position. Or at least make a very detailed
list of all the things you want to see in the person you'd like them to
hire. My company thinks an admin will fill the bill. So, what I plan to
do (today) is to send my wish list (we really need 5 writers) but offer
them that two temp writers may get us through the next project and that
they need to have THESE specific qualifications.

None of this may work - but I'm giving it my best shot.

-Joy Owen

virgil_jones -at- EMAIL -dot- COM on 07/23/99 01:04:31 PM

Please respond to virgil_jones -at- EMAIL -dot- COM

To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
cc: (bcc: Joy Owen/FSG/CSC)
Subject: Hiring Justification

Hi All:
I need to justify hiring a new writer. Right now, I'm the only writer and
the powers that be aren't thrilled about bring someone else on board. I
believe that money is a factor, but they won't say it outright.
Has anyone ever faced this, if so how did you bring them around to your way
of thinking?
What is the best way to approach this?

I also thought about putting my request into a memo, but that doesn't seem
strong enough. Any suggestions?
Anyway all help would be appreciated, hope this makes sense?
TIA,
V.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=