Re: keep old versions?

Subject: Re: keep old versions?
From: Katherine Pyle <kathpyle -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 16:37:42 -0700

At 03:42 PM 7/27/99 -0700, Jean Richardson wrote:
>Is anyone aware of reasons to keep old versions of RoboHTML, WinHelp Office,
>or Web Office? For instance, does RoboHTML truly supersede Web Office?
>Does anyone remember? I have amassed quite a collection of RoboHelp-related
>products (since v. 2.61), and it's time to clean out the basement!

I tend to keep old versions of all programs for two reasons. Sometimes I
get contracts with companies that are still using the older version. If I
have it I can just say "Oh, sure; no problem," instead of having to borrow
their installation disks because I have thrown out mine.

Sometimes there is such a structural change between program versions that
the new one can't even read files created by the older version. I had that
happen with 3-D Kitchen; if I had not kept the older version after I got
the new one, I would have lost access to hundreds of hours worth of layouts.

Katherine Pyle

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=