Optional fields in screengrab

Subject: Optional fields in screengrab
From: Aoidìn Scully <ascully -at- FLEXICOM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 10:32:46 +0100

Okay, this might sound like a fairly basic question, but...

I'm documenting a GUI for extremely end users. This is to take the form
of one laminated page of instructions. Tyere is only one main dialog
box.

However, inthis dialog box, selectingsome options makes other options
available. For example, there is an expiry date field, with a Start date
check box beside it. Clicking the Start Date check box makes the Start
date field (i.e. the actual field where you enter the date) appear.

So...since I'm going to have just one screengrab...

Do I use the default screengrab and risk them not knowingwhat I'm
talkingabout when I mention the Start Date field?

Or do I use a screengrab showing all the various options that might
appear (there's about 4 optional fields) and risk them going 'My dialog
box isn't like that!'.

Opinions/comments/suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Aoidin

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=