Re: A basic web animation question: SUMMARY

Subject: Re: A basic web animation question: SUMMARY
From: "Laura J. Lockhart" <LLOCKHART -at- ABIM -dot- ORG>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 09:26:01 -0400

Many thanks to ALL who responded to my question about text animation... I was so overwhelmed with responses that I wasn't able to get back to all of you individually. Special thanks to David Castro for doing my dirty work for me... you can check out his solution at www.crl.com/~techwrtr/FloatText.html. Many of the responses I received recommended that I try using an animated gif file; for some reason, this hadn't occurred to me--possibly because I'm using your basic arial font and wasn't planning on creating a "pretty text" graphic. I got several good leads for software/tutorials for this approach, including:

Jasc's Paint Shop Pro's Animation Shop
Microsoft Liquid Motion (which has animations that, not surprisingly, coordinate with FrontPage webpage templates)
GIF Construction Set Professional (www.alchemy-mindworks.com)

Tutorials:
http://members.tripod.com/~toolmandavid/lesson1.html
http://members.aol.com/royalef/gifanim.htm

I also was given two different URLs for something called "Webmonkey," but I didn't have any luck connecting to either one to check it out.

Thanks again,
Laura Lockhart
LLockhart -at- abim -dot- org

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000