Re: What do you call these things??

Subject: Re: What do you call these things??
From: Kathi Jan Knill <Kathi -dot- Knill -at- TEMPLATE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 09:34:19 -0400

Hi Linda and everyone (who cares to read this),
I don't know if there is  a "formal" name for those things, but I can make a suggestion.  We have something similar in our software (although instead of a line, we use an elipse [...]) and we call it the Inform button.  Now our button actually brings up a dialog window that has some choices in it, so it is not exactly the same.  If you don't like that suggestion, maybe you can just call it the Name button.  If the users are looking at their screens when they are reading the instructions, it will be obvious to them to which button you are referring.  (wow that sounded awkward!)
Anyway, these are just suggestions.  Maybe someone else will come up with some better ones.  Good Luck.

Kathi Jan Knill
Sr. Technical Writer
Template Software
Kathi -dot- Knill -at- Template -dot- com
You have to do what you love to do,
not get stuck in that comfort zone of
a regular job. Life is not a dress rehearsal.
This is it.