Re: Solutions and Commentary - book recommendation

Subject: Re: Solutions and Commentary - book recommendation
From: Philomena Hoopes <PHILA -at- MAIL -dot- VIPS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 14:29:19 -0400

Laurel wrote:

[I wish I could give you titles off-hand, but I really
can't. I'm a
Christian, and honestly, God has guided my career path from
the beginning;
I've never had to access much paper material to accomplish
where I've been
and where I'm going. But I know that is not everyone's path,
and there are
certainly many excellent books on the subject to steer you
in the right
direction. Also, this is part of the initiative neccesary
that we mentioned
above--to get out there and start researching on your own.
So maybe it's
better that I don't have the titles to give to you. One last
thing, I'm sure
there has to be a "technical writing for dummies" or
"idiot's guide to
technical writing" available. There's one on everything else
under the
sun...]

One great guide for developing one's career generally, both in terms of work
and larger life purpose, is "Zen and the Art of Making a Living" by Lawrence
Boldt. Tremendously inspiring, though not tied to any particular spiritual
path. For me, it ranks over "What Color Is Your Parachute?"

Enjoy!

Philomena Hoopes
Phila -at- vips -dot- com <mailto:Phila -at- vips -dot- com>
VIPS Healthcare Information Solutions, Inc.
(410) 832-8330 ext 845

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=