Re: RoboHelp HTML Edition question

Subject: Re: RoboHelp HTML Edition question
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 10:26:06 -0600

Andrew Rollinson wrote:
> I just created a file (test.htm) using the following HTML (hand-coded):
>
> <!-- TEST.HTM -->
> <HTML>
> <BODY>
> <TABLE WIDTH="100%" BACKGROUND="BACKGROUND.GIF">
<snip>
> In my installation of IE5 and Netscape 4.6, the table displays with the
> specified background image file.
>
> Make sure BACKGROUND.GIF (or .jpg, if you so choose) is in the same folder
> as the test.htm file, or that you specify its subfolder, for example
> "images/background.gif."

Depending on what you're trying to accomplish with this, be sure
to view your results in a variety of browsers. IE tiles the full
images through the table, while Navigator tiles the image on a
cell-by-cell basis. Depending on the image, this could be odd.
(Plug: Mastering HTML 4, Ray and Ray, Second edition, p211 and 212
for screenshots and sample code, if you're interested.)

Eric

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=