Re: What constitutes a senior tech writer and how to get

Subject: Re: What constitutes a senior tech writer and how to get
From: Ed Gregory <edgregory -at- HOME -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 05:34:58 -0500

A former fellow contractor was lamenting the fact that his contract was not
extended along with mine. He "figured" that somebody in the client
organization didn't like him.

He emailed me yesterday to say he found out who: a senior manager who saw
him too many times doing nothing, or doing personal business, or surfing
the web.

Who did he blame? The guy he worked directly under "for not giving me
enough to keep me busy."

At 09:23 AM 8/2/99 -0400, William Swallow wrote:
>Let's all blame management for everything.
>
>You are in charge of yourself. Period. Management is there to manage the
>process. If you have nothing to do or if you feel you are spinning your
>wheels, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!! You're not 10 years old anymore. Mommy's
>not there to hold your hand and make sure you have something to do with
>yourself. There's no more hand-holding.

Ed Gregory
http://www.members.home.net/edgregory/search1.htm

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=