Re: Homesite v 1.2

Subject: Re: Homesite v 1.2
From: "Jessica N. Lange" <jlange -at- OEE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 13:04:54 -0400

Robert Crooks of Bentley U has an online site with some great info on
various web tools, including HomeSite (also CSS and DHTML).
Although the site hasn't been updated for a while, much of the info
is still valid:

http://web.bentley.edu/empl/c/rcrooks/toolbox/

The Crooks site mentions HomeSite 1.2 as a freeware version,
very basic, good for beginners, but I think it is wrong: I think
it was always shareware. The current commercial version is 4.0.

I have version 3.0, and all the help files (HTML) are resident
on my computer, no internet connection required, although
that may have changed in later versions.

HomeSite is a good program for learning the HTML tags,
for a motivated person who wants to learn what's
beneath the hood. If the person doesn't want to work
at it (learning), FrontPage or Dreamweaver would
be better.

HTH

Jessica N. Lange mailto:jlange -at- oee -dot- com
Technical Communicator, Ohio Electronic Engravers, Inc.