Word mail merge too short?

Subject: Word mail merge too short?
From: Geoff Hart <Geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 08:20:38 -0400

Matthew Nankin reports that <<...Word is limited by the fact
it only allows one mail merge page (and only one page!) per
document... the real solution seems to be to expand the mail
merge document beyond what would fit on one sheet of
paper. Has anyone been able to figure this out?>>

I haven't tried this, but I suspect the solution is to create the
main document with all the fields you need, create as many 1-
page mail-merge documents as you need to cover all those
fields, then do the mail merge once for each of those
documents (reassigning the control document for the merge
before doing each new merge). I did much the same thing
with a large macro that Word wouldn't let me store as a single
procedure: I broke it up into 3 separate, smaller procedures,
then run each one in series. Slower, but works just fine.

--Geoff Hart @8^{)} Pointe-Claire, Quebec
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

"The text's out of joint, oh cursed spite/that I was born to set it
right."--Prince Hamlet, early Danish editor

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=