Re: importing EPS graphics in FrameMaker

Subject: Re: importing EPS graphics in FrameMaker
From: Bill Burns <BillDB -at- ILE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 09:46:32 -0600

Hi, Melissa.

> 1- Is there a way to better control the size of an eps graphic I am
> importing?

Yes. Export the EPS at the size it needs to appear.

> 2- Is there yet another graphic format I could use?

If they're icons, there shouldn't be any problem with using TIFF. I'd use
EPS if the graphics were layered and vector based.

> 3- Am I correct in assuming that if my tiffs look too dark in FrameMaker
> and the
> .pdf, that they will be equally unacceptable in print?

The best way to test is to print. Keep in mind, though, that the printer's
color matching may still not be accurate. Also, what you see in Frame may
not be the actual graphic but the header image (which is what usually
happens with EPS graphics). If you're getting the same output in the PDF,
then you definitely need to look into the color settings. And you say PSP
displays the correct colors?

> 4- Am I better off just taking the time to convert this thing to
> PageMaker?

For a reference card, probably so. Frame is really designed for more
book-like projects.

Bill Burns
IC Design & Development
billdb -at- ile -dot- com