Re: ADMIN: More on upcoming list changes

Subject: Re: ADMIN: More on upcoming list changes
From: Scott Havens <SHavens -at- ELCOTEL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 14:39:26 -0400

No, I think it WAS from Eric. (See "ADMIN: More on upcoming list
changes--READ ME," which he sent out yesterday afternoon.)

Quote:
Here are the givens:
Moving TECHWR-L to a dedicated list host would cost (at list prices)
up to $36,000/month (that's not a typo). Realistically speaking,
after negotiations and shopping around, we'd be looking at costs
of around $600-$700/month for server access alone.
End of quote.

I have also had a hard time understanding where the figure came from. But
anyway, I (no, I'm not going to say "for one") am also getting tired of this
thread. I could swear I've read at least one response from each of the
list's 4000+ members! It's time to tabulate the votes and move on, IMHO.

SRH

> The $36,000/yr month was not from Eric, but from one of us multiplying a
> fee times the membership.
>
> Marilynne

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=