Re: ADMIN: More on upcoming list changes--NEXT STEP

Subject: Re: ADMIN: More on upcoming list changes--NEXT STEP
From: "Parker, Cassandra M." <CMPARKER -at- INTERMEDIA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 09:46:06 -0400

I've seen $5, $10, $12, $20, $60 annually and even more. Maybe Eric or Deb
can tally up all the votes and come up with a suitable amount once all of
the discussion and decisions have been made. I'm willing to pay but don't
want to send my money anywhere until I find out the outcome. I, too, am a
single mom and have to be careful where the funds go but would most
definitely be willing to invest in a "List" as valuable as this one.

I agree with Marilyn, if more is received than expected or needed and Eric
and Deb are the recipients, then so be it, they have created and managed the
list for over 6 years (and have done an excellent job) so a little profit
would be good and I'm sure welcomed for them. I don't think anyone can
argue with that.

If anyone (not responding) have a problem with paying for a subscription to
the List, simply walk a mile in Eric and Deb's shoes for a few years and see
how you feel. We've had it "FREE" for years, and that's commendable because
now days, nothing is FREE. But, now may be the time to stand up and share
the responsibility of something that you have enjoyed and participated in
for years.

I am a subscriber of several (and that's a loose term) magazines of which I
pay for on an annual basis. If I don't get a chance to read the magazine,
then that's not the publisher or distributor's fault. Sometimes I use the
list and sometimes I'm just too busy to get on but it's still available to
me.

I completely agree with Ralph who said:

>>Thanks for considering our feelings and listening to our rants,
>>but get the best deal you can for us all, and then tell us how much.
>>We've trusted you in the past, and you've never let us down, so I
>>doubt very much you'll let us down this time.

Thanks,
Cassandra Parker
IS Business Office, NIS South
Tampa, Florida