Re: Punctuation question

Subject: Re: Punctuation question
From: Bev Lockhart <bl -at- SEATTLELAB -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 12:51:26 -0700

I would rewrite it and get rid of the extra verbage:
"On the toolbar menu click *Add*, then select *New Record*." (The
*indicates italic tf)

But if you're intent on keeping the structure, put a comma after "Add."
Whenever both parts of the sentence can stand on their own, you put a comma
before the "and."
Example:
"From the toolbar click Add, and then select New Record from the Add menu."

(Heh, watch me get flamed for my response!) ;>}
~~~~~Bev Lockhart, Doc Editor, Seattle Lab

>Example: From the toolbar click Add and then select New Record from the Add
>menu.
>
>Please RSVP quickly.
>

>Fred Adsit

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=