How about Web-based Tech Writer message board?

Subject: How about Web-based Tech Writer message board?
From: Brad <kiwi -at- BEST -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 21:28:11 -0700

Rather than continue trying to deal with funding for an ongoing email-based
technical writers' message forum, why not establish a free, moderated
Web-based message forum? (Is that possessive plural correct?) By
"Web-based", I mean a message forum that you access by Web browsing rather
than by some form of email client.

A Web-based forum could take the form of a newsgroup or a free message
board. Examples of a Web-based message forum is at www.insidetheweb.com.
Anyone can set up a free message board. Yes, some banner adverts will appear
here and there, but my eyes have learned to ignore them and focus on the
messages at hand. One advantage of a Web-based forum is that we wouldn't
have 100 or so messages cluttering our email Inboxes everyday like many of
us experience with this wonderful list.

Eric or anyone who wanted to "own" or administer the board could moderate it
to weed out spam and off-topic messages. I've participated in a few forums
at insidetheweb.com and spamming hasn't been much of a problem, but the
administrator can easily delete messages.

I think that this option could be successful and viable, and certainly no
one would be concerned about funding.

Uh oh, I bet that I am off-topic again!!

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=