Re: paid subscription

From: KAREN_OTTO -at- HP-SPOKANE-OM2 -dot- OM -dot- HP -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 10:07:50 -0600

Here's my perspective:
I'm an infrequent contributor. I'm also an infrequent reader, but it goes in
phases (right now I'm in a "reading" phase).

I fully support charging for the list, if that's what's needed. I agree that
Eric and Deb have contributed countless hours, and deserve compensation. I
can
envision reasonable fees of $10 - 60 per year.

That all said, I don't know if I would actually subscribe. It will probably
depend on whether I'm in reading mode or ignoring mode.

Finally, has anyone considered the possibility of getting another volunteer
moderator/host and a new location for free? I wouldn't volunteer, but you
never
know who might. That would relieve Eric/Deb and OK state (although without
compensation for all of their previous work), yet the list could stay free.

karen

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=