Re: Style Guidelines for pull-down menus

Subject: Re: Style Guidelines for pull-down menus
From: DHICKEY -at- ALIS -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 12:32:46 -0400

Greetings!

Frederique Courard-Hauri [fch -at- fchcomm -dot- com] said:
> Actually, I prefer it the other way : Select
> Options--Tools--Spelling. That's
> how the user would get there, from start to finish. I think
> it would be more confusing to say, "Sure, Grandma's house
> is 317 Oakley Street. You take a right off Oak to get there.
> Oak is the third light down on the left from here."

Actually, you're kinda using my formula in the Grandma example. You're
giving the Wolf the exact address first (the command for the user) and then
saying how to get there using Oak (how to access the comand using the
menus).

Now wait a second: am I Little Read Writing Hood or are you the Subect
Matter Hunter?
--
Be seeing you,

Dave
John David Hickey
Montreal, Quebec, Canada eh?

dhickey -at- alis -dot- com
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Hills/7829/
wk: 514-747-2542 ext.: 317
pg: 514-205-9209

They say that the pen is mightier than the sword.
But if you miss a deadline, you'd better bring the sword.
Don't confuse my opinion with my employer's.
Each exists in blissful ignorance of the other.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=