It's not about paying Eric and Deb

Subject: It's not about paying Eric and Deb
From: Karen Toast <karen -dot- toast -at- WATCHGUARD -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 12:50:52 -0700

The one issue about this entire payment thread that disturbs me is this
notion that a fee would somehow "pay" Eric and Deb. Some of the discussion
makes it sound as though the two of them would directly receive compensation
for the effort they put in to this list. This isn't true. Finding another
"volunteer" is no solution. We still face the costs of housing a listserv
that carries an incredibly wide daily bandwidth.

Eric and Deborah are emphatically not mercenary. They are not trying to
capitalize on the success of TECHWR-L, if by that you mean the Ray household
is looking to buy a new shiny car and a bunch of stock with the proceeds.
What they are trying to do is find us a home when we get kicked out of the
university. If you can find another acadmic sponsor, go for it. With the
volume of this list, however, you're going to be hard pressed finding anyone
taking you up on the offer.

Toast

Karen Toast Conger
Technical Publications Manager
karen -dot- toast -at- watchguard -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=