Re: Estimating a Project - A real lulu

Subject: Re: Estimating a Project - A real lulu
From: Sandy Harris <sharris -at- DKL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 16:07:25 -0400

temoore -at- BELLSOUTH -dot- NET wrote:

> I had a client contact me yesterday to discuss doing a training manual.
> I have exactly 8 days to finish the manual and get it to the printer.

As others have said, charge extra for the rush job and make sure the
contract does not allow them to blow /your/ deadline by screwing up
/their/ review process, or to avoid payment if they don't like what
you deliver under this pressure.

> Here are the details:
>
> Rough text will be provided in handwritten format that will need to be
> edited for consistency and grammar.

They deliver /all/ text, as spell-checked Word files, /tomorrow morning/.
You take it from there.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=