Re: voice recognition (cont'd) and IBM

Subject: Re: voice recognition (cont'd) and IBM
From: P Newman <pnewman1 -at- HOME -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 06:00:09 -0400

Hi Robert,
From your brief description of your error correction, it sounds to
me as if you mgmt not be teaching the program. When you are
correcting, how are you correcting? Please give a step by step
approach. Do not feel you are giving too many details. If you are
simply editing the errors, the program will not learn. I am shooting
from the hip on this since I have only worked with NatruallySpeaking
and L & H, but the concept in all programs is that they learn from
following the proper correction procedure and saving your voice file
with the changes. A simple edit of the error does not teach the
program. You must use the built in correction facility. Please tell us
exactly what you are doing and we will try to help.

Peter