Re: Pricing of Documentation

Subject: Re: Pricing of Documentation
From: William Swallow <WSWALLOW -at- COMMSOFT -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 09:39:18 -0400

I'm sorry, but I can't be of much help unless I know what market your
product belongs to, your target audience, the scope of the documentation and
its level of detail.

Bill Swallow
Technical Writer
Aptis
a subsidiary of Billing Concepts
phone: 518.433.7698
fax: 518.433.7680
mailto:wswallow -at- commsoft -dot- net
http://www.aptissoftware.com

> We are currently trying to come up with some numbers for pricing our
> documentation. Most of our documentation will be distributed
> electronically in
> PDF format. We are also planning on customizing our documentation for our
> customers. With that said, I would appreciate any input on this matter.
> What
> do you charge for your documentation? Do you charge by the page or by the
> hour?
> What is the average amount of hours spent on technical documentation per
> page?
> Any numbers on this subject would be helpful. Or, if you could point me
> to a
> URL that would be helpful. Thanks ahead of time. Your thoughts on this
> are
> greatly appreciated!!

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=