Re: Multiple doc, html, or fm files to single PDF file?

Subject: Re: Multiple doc, html, or fm files to single PDF file?
From: Kathi Jan Knill <Kathi -dot- Knill -at- TEMPLATE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 12:12:21 -0400

To create a single PDF file from multiple other type files, you must first create separate PDF files and then append them together.

Suppose you have Word files:  Doc1, Doc2, Doc3
Create PDF files:  Doc1.pdf, Doc2.pdf, Doc3.pdf
Open Doc1.pdf in Acrobat Exchange.
Move the cursor to the end of the doc (not sure if you absolutely have to do this step, but I always do).
Select Document>Insert Pages.  A file selection box appears.
Select Doc2.pdf in the Select a File dialog box.
An Insert dialog box appears.
Click After (for the Location) and Click Last for the Page.
Doc2 will be appended to Doc1.
Save the file using Save As and change the name appropriately.
(Don't forget to click Batch Optimize when you save.)

Continue these steps (less the Save As step) until all of your docs are appended together.  Thus you have one PDF file.

Kathi Jan Knill
Sr. Technical Writer
Template Software, Inc.
kathi -dot- knill -at- Template -dot- com
Life loves to be taken by
the lapel and told:
"I'm with you kid. Let's go."