CONTRACT JOB: ATLANTA, GA!! SIX MONTH CONTRACT!!

Subject: CONTRACT JOB: ATLANTA, GA!! SIX MONTH CONTRACT!!
From: "Odom, Matt" <modom -at- EXECUTEMP -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 14:35:53 -0400

Good afternoon everyone! We are looking for Four writers for a Distance
Learning Project. In particular we need writers who:

1- Have experience developing training materials for a web based delivery.
2- Have experience using Instructional Design principles and methodology.
3- Have experience using Lotus Word Pro (or MS Word), Freelance, Lotus
Notes, and/or Lotus Learning Space.
4- Can work on site in Marietta, GA.

The complete Job Spec's are included below. This is one of our largest
clients and our need for these qualified writers continues to grow. Many of
the writers we have placed there have extended well beyond the initial
project. We have a handful that have been there, ON CONTRACT, for over two
years!!

IF you are interested in these contract positions, BUT lack the proper skill
sets, please contact me ASAP!! WE ARE WILLING TO INVEST IN YOUR TRAINING!
Call me, and I'll fill you in on the details.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Matt Odom
Esource Corp
770 962 8500 x210
modom -at- esourcecorp -dot- com

OUR CLIENT: FORTUNE 50 HIGH TECH COMPANY

CONTRACT POSITION: 4 Instructional Writers Are Needed!!!

Project Description

The Writers selected for this project will work to create the content for
courses to be delivered in Distance Learning (DL) mode, including Lotus
LearningSpace, Lotus Notes databases, and Web-based training. The Writers
should expect to work with other Writers, Media Coordinators, and Subject
Matter Experts (SMEs).

The Writers will go through an orientation session with the Project Manager,
Instructional Designer, Lead Content Developer and any other team members
who will work closely with them. At this session, they should expect to
gain access to project requirements and source materials, receive an
explanation of the standards and conventions, and review the project plan.
As a result of this session, the Writers will know their roles, the
deliverables for which they are responsible, and the milestones they will be
expected to achieve.

Tasks:

- Help build or follow the course design specifications and/or prototype
- Organize source materials into a logical flow of content elements
- Build new or convert existing materials to accommodate Distance Learning
environments, such as Lotus LearningSpace and Web-based training
- Create new material using SME input or independent research
- Verify adherence to course objectives and style guidelines
- Make corrections to materials based on reviews by peer reviewers,
editors, SMEs, and functional testers
- Verify initial functioning of navigation elements and of internal and/or
external links
- Attend technical meetings/reviews and provide status updates.

Required:

- Instructional writing skills for multimedia self-paced instruction
materials
- Experience with information mapping techniques to organize content
- Strong communicator - verbal and written
- Lotus Notes
- Ami Pro, Word Pro, or MS Word
- Freelance
- Conduct research independently via SMEs, project source material,
Internet, etc.
- Interpret a course design specification and/or prototype
- Visualize concepts using graphics and/or video
- Write self-check items, test questions, survey questions, exercises, and
case studies.
- Be a team player
- Anticipate problems and engage in problem solving.

Nice-to-Have:

- Lotus LearningSpace
- PhotoShop

Duration: 8/16 - 12/31/99

Location: ONSITE IN MARIETTA (CLOSE TO WINDY HILL AND I-75)

Contact:

Matt Odom
Esource Corp
770 962 8500 x210