Re: *electronic* Portfolios and writing samples...

Subject: Re: *electronic* Portfolios and writing samples...
From: Mark Baker <mbaker -at- OMNIMARK -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 15:04:20 -0400

temoore wrote

>And what's the big deal with telling an interviewer "I'm sorry, but I
>can't allow you to make copies. I'm committed to protecting the
>confidentiality of my former employer, as I would any former employer. I
>hope you understand."? Am I missing something here?

Yes you are missing something big. If the information is proprietary then
you can show it at all. Showing someone a proprietary document and saying,
"but you can't copy it, to protect my previous client's confidentiality" is
absurd. You have already violated confidentiality by showing the document.

---
Mark Baker
Senior Technical Communicator
OmniMark Technologies Corporation