Auto update and re-format in Word tables

Subject: Auto update and re-format in Word tables
From: David Goldfayl <davidgoldfayl -at- PMSC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 13:53:42 -0500

A colleague asked me the following, for which I have no answer as I use
FrameMaker these days.

I'm sure that the collective wisdom and experience out there will have an
answer
to this one.

Any thoughts/ideas/advise will be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
David Goldfayl

----------------------

Hi David,

Here is an outline of the problem I spoke to you about:

What I want is to create a table using styles in a Word 97 document that is
automatically updated when new entries are added (by pressing the F9 key
when
the field code below is selected). The finished article should look like
this -

ACC Adds accounting entries.
CC Captures cost centre details.
CD Captures Code Descriptions.
CED Currency Exchange Definitions

Where columns one and two are particular styles, say column one is one I
have
created called H4 and column 2 is another style called Format.

I can insert a TOC using a field code like this one { TOC \N \T "H 4,1,
FORMAT,2
"} but it produces a list of the desired info but in paragraph format like
this:
ACC
Adds accounting entries.
CC