Dynamics in document design

Subject: Dynamics in document design
From: Jacinta Nelligan <jacintan -at- DYNAMITE -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 18:49:55 +1000

Hi, apologies for any cross postings, first of all.

Am posting this request for a colleague, who is studying and - rather inspired by Karen Shriver's book "Dynamics in Document Design" - wants to look at how document design might be likely to change in the near future, affected especially by the changing expectations of a new generation of users.  He describes his interest as being in "any research/articles, etc. on 'emerging' (?) changes to document design dynamics/reader's expectations. I'd be interested in articles covering online, paper-based or even the effect of one on the other."

I know I have read discussion on this kind of thing in a couple of mail-lists over the last year, but can't remember which ones.  If anyone knows of articles, research or people with opinions on this, could you please email me in reply and I will pass the comments on.

Many thanks to all of you - Jacinta

Jacinta Nelligan
jacintan -at- dynamite -dot- com -dot- au