Multiple versions of the same basic document

Subject: Multiple versions of the same basic document
From: Susan Arbing <SArbing -at- ITCCANADA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 11:06:05 -0300

Title: Multiple versions of the same basic document

Hi there,

I'd like to hear from anyone who has been in a similar situation.

The product for which I am writing documentation will be sold in three different markets. Three editions of the product are being developed. Each edition has the same functionalities, but uses different language on the interface, etc. I am planning on creating a set for one of the editions and then modifying the contents to reflect the language used in the other two editions.

Would Frame maker + SGML (rather than plain Frame maker) will help me to manage the documentation more efficiently?

Thanks in advance,