Importing Excel Spreadsheet into Word doc

Subject: Importing Excel Spreadsheet into Word doc
From: "Carnall, Jane" <Jane -dot- Carnall -at- COMPAQ -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 10:13:16 +0100

Hi Rasil,

>How do I import an Excel spreadsheet into a Word document? I've tried
>Insert-> File and Insert -> Object. Neither works - well, I should say
>neither works the way I want. Word completely reformats the spreadsheet and
>chews off many of the columns. BTW, it's only 51 rows and 11 columns.

Use Cut+Paste. I've never tried to do anything *very* complicated with Excel
spreadsheets, but this works for what I do. Just press SHIFT, highlight the
top left-hand cell of your table on Excel, keep SHIFT pressed down, and
highlight the bottom right-hand cell. Ctrl-C, move to Word, Ctrl-V. Bingo.

If your spreadsheet is too wide for a Word page, the right-hand columns
won't be visible. Use View - Normal and you can scroll to the right and see
them. You may want to go back to Excel and change the column width.

You probably want to reformat in Word anyway - Word seems to take Excel
spreadsheets as Simple tables, which don't look too good printed out (IMHO).
When using Excel and Word I'd work on getting the numbers right in Excel,
then the layout/style right in Word.

Jane Carnall
Technical Writer, Compaq, UK
Unless stated otherwise, these opinions are mine, and mine alone.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=