Re: Recommended software for breaking into technical writing

Subject: Re: Recommended software for breaking into technical writing
From: Jo Baer <jbaer -at- MAILBOX1 -dot- TCFBANK -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 08:36:14 -0500

No flame, just an observation: some people like tech writing, others
don't. If you don't, you should absolutely get into something that makes
you happy. Life's too short to do anything else. Me? I like it (among
other types of writing) and work in a shop where I deal (for the most
part) with pleasant, cooperative, and fairly intelligent people. Well,
we have a couple of notable exceptions, but I'm saving that for my book!
And to both of you, happy writing, whichever type you choose to do.

Bev Lockhart wrote:

> Why would you want to get out of journalism? I've been in software
> documentation for two years, and I am looking to bail (back into
> journalism). Tech writing is the absolutely most boring thing in the
> world, and I am certainly going to get flamed for this!

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=