Re: The truth about a tech writing job - My answer to Bev

Subject: Re: The truth about a tech writing job - My answer to Bev
From: Ivan Gelicall <ivan_gelicall -at- HOTBOT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 10:54:50 -0700

I too disagree with Bev. I love my job and even though the engineers that I
work with have a hard time with English. I don't look at that as a problem,
I look at it as a challenge to get the correct info from them.

As for pay, my old manager told me this. "You get
what you negotiate." That was a hard lesson for me
to learn.

Perhaps Bev is suffering from burnout or she's suffering in an intolerable
job. In my short lifetime
I've suffered with both. So I emigrated and changed
careers.

Just my thoughts.

IG

HotBot - Search smarter.