ADMIN: Updates etc.

Subject: ADMIN: Updates etc.
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 14:34:06 -0600

Gang,

First, as many of you have noticed, there seem to be
some performance issues at Okstate--the list seems to
hang for hours or days, then spew forth a flood.
They're working on the server (setting up for new
classes, etc.), so ping me if you notice problems and
I'll try to follow up. No promises, but will do what I can.

In related news, any performance issues in the future
(say, after about 9/1) will be solely ours. We're on
track to move to a new server by the end of the
month, and have the major wheels in motion to make
it happen.

That said, we're still checking the mailbox for the
support commitments that have been made, and are
still accepting additional commitments, corporate
sponsorships as well as list ads--contact me
directly for information.

With the change, we'll probably have a certain
amount of disruption (it's not yet clear if
nomail and digest settings will be carried over
or if you'll have to reset your options on the
new server), a little confusion, and of course some
new policies (only a single ad posting daily, and
only approved job ads will run for free).

Yell with questions,
Eric and Deborah

Eric J. Ray ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com
UNIX Visual QuickStart Guide is "a superb book!"
Don't believe it? Check for yourself!
Find out more at http://www.raycomm.com/

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=