grammar term

Subject: grammar term
From: Dan Roberts <DRoberts -at- ISOGON -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 11:28:39 -0400

Title: grammar term

of course I dont have either my strunk&white or my Harbrace when I need them.

what's the term that refers to "this" in the following sentences:
This is one of the product's features.
This is why he's still living in a 5th-floor walkup.
This is why you always add an extra pinch of garlic power to chicken soup.

TIA for the help!

Dan Roberts
droberts -at- isogon -dot- com