Re: Word 2000 HTML conversion

Subject: Re: Word 2000 HTML conversion
From: "Higgins, Lisa" <LHiggins -at- CARRIERACCESS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 14:27:53 -0600

I don't see where it locks anyone out. That code would certainly degrade in
a less-than-4.0 compliant browser (or a 4.0 browser that has only partial
support for CSS--IOW, all 4.0 browsers). I'd be more concerned with that
Windows character set, personally. What's up with that?

It's not the worst HTML I've seen. It's not as elegant, universally
graceful, and starkly beautiful as MY lovingly hand-crafted markup, that's
for sure, but I don't think you're going to get much better results as long
as you're letting some heartless automaton do it.

Lisa,
Heartless, but made out of meat.

> From: Chuck [mailto:writer -at- BEST -dot- COM]
> First, anyone know why this wasn't part of the Word 2000 package?
>
> Second, From what I see here, the HTML locks out anyone who hasn't
> upgraded to an HTML 4.0-compliant browser. This is certainly
> an issue if
> you're devloping HTML-based Help systems and trying to use Word's HTML
> output with a display engine that is "only" HTML 3.2-compliant.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=