Re: Evaluating Writers

Subject: Re: Evaluating Writers
From: Anthony Markatos <tonymar -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 15:39:59 PDT

Gina X asks:

Does anyone have a list of tips/criteria for evaluating writers?

As the company's editor, I have been asked by my boss to give a brief
report/evaluation of the writers and their competence with the applications
we use. All ideas will be appreciated.

Tony Markatos responds:

Heres something you will never find in a TW oriented book:

In software systems, the major function of a TW is to understand the
essential end user tasks to be performed and how all of those tasks
interrelate. The key word is "essential". Typically 95% of tasks performed
are non-essential -- the are their either because of poor systems design or
imperfect technology.

Understanding the core 5% is the framework upon which all effective
documentation organization is based.

Tony Markatos
(tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com)

Discover the true meaning of life - always drive within posted speed limits
-- A. Markatos

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=