Re: Fwd: Blurry graphics when using Acrobat 4.0

Subject: Re: Fwd: Blurry graphics when using Acrobat 4.0
From: Michele Marques <mmarques -at- CMS400 -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 11:29:43 -0400

(1) 4.0 doesn't need the patch that 3.0 has, because the graphics
already look better in reader 4.0.

(2) In your Distiller options, make sure that you do NOT have your
compression set to JPEG (which is a "lossy" compression). Use
LZW or CCIT compression.

(3) If you were not already doing so, try creating a postscript file
first (with a *good* printer driver, such as the Xerox Docutech) and
then Distilling the postscript file.

My experience has been with Acrobat Exchange 3.0, but I have
viewed the resulting files with Acrobat Reader 4.0.

- Michele

Date sent: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 17:29:23 -0700
From: Jennifer Vaid <jvaid -at- SAN-JOSE -dot- TT -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Subject: Fwd: Blurry graphics when using Acrobat 4.0

> >Hello,
> >
> >I searched the archives and didn't find an answer to my question:
> >When creating a pdf file from FrameMaker using Acrobat 4.0,
> >the graphics come out blurry on-screen as well as on paper.
> >I know there is a patch for this on Acrobat 3.0, but is there anything
out
> >there that can help with Acrobat 4.0?
> >
> >Any and all ideas are appreciated.
> >Jennifer
> >

> ><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
> >Jennifer Vaid
> >Technical Writer
> >Schlumberger Technologies
> >ATE Division
> >408.437.5105
> >www.schlumberger.com
> ><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
> >

> <><><><><><><><><><><><><>
> Jennifer Vaid
> Technical Writer
> Schlumberger Technologies
> ATE Division
> 408.437.5105
> www.schlumberger.com

Michele Marques
Technical Writer, CMS Manufacturing Systems
mmarques -at- cms400 -dot- com
905-477-4499 x280

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=