volunteering

Subject: volunteering
From: Chris Fitzgerald <chrisfitztex -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 11:06:57 -0500

Hi everyone! I've been fairly silent for the past few weeks, but learning
a lot by reading the list. I posted a message 3 weeks ago
regarding "getting my foot in the door" as a technical writer. Thanks to
all of you who took the time to offer your expertise. I'm still hammering
away, revamping my resume to be functional and focused as well as redoing
my web page to look more professional. I am considering volunteering
somewhere to do some sort of technical writing. (I'm willing to work my
little fingers to the bone to learn, but am slower than others that are
more experienced) Are there any suggestions? It can't be a full time
position because my academic year (I'm an English teacher) begins on
September 1. I've written a lot of little pieces - newsletters, reports in
various styles, but need the technical tools to index, or write help files.
Thanks for your suggestions.

Chris

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=